It’s ten years since Tony Blair swept to power in the landslide election of 1997
What do Political Science academics make of Blair’s decade in power? The recent Political Studies Association Conference at the University of Bath included a number of papers looking at the Labour Party over the last decade.
- Blair and Howard: Predominant Prime Ministers Compared by Mark Bennister
- The Blair government and UK central government under Europeanisation by Chen Yu-Huang
- Policing with a Smile: Narratives of Consumerism in New Labour’s Criminal Justice Policy by Catherine Needham
- New Labour on asylum: An extending opposition by Vicki Squire
- Outsourcing the Policy Process? An Analysis of Policy Formulation in New Labour, the Liberal Democrats and the Green Party by Anika Gauja
View all the papers from the PSA 2007 conference by author