Alistair Darling’s first test as Chancellor of the Exchequer is delivering the 2007 Pre-Budget Report, which will be based on the recent Comprehensive Spending Review of expenditure by UK Government departments for the next three years.
It will undoubtedly have a political dimension, in terms of combating recent Conservative announcements on Inheritance Tax and Stamp Duty, as well as, setting the financial scene for the coming year, in what may be an increasingly difficult economic climate.
Follow the news and reaction from:
- BBC News site on the Pre-Budget Report
- Financial Times 2007 Pre-Budget Report in depth
- Deloitte Pre-Budget Report analysis site
- CBI proposals for the Pre-Budget Report
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers on the 2007 Pre-Budget Report
- Institute for Fiscal Studies on the Pre-Budget Report
- Guardian on the Pre-Budget Report