The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) has just published Britain in 2008, which showcases the diversity of ESRC-funded research around the state of the nation in 2008. It offers a concise analysis of research and topical issues concerning Britain today, which is suitable for both academic and general audiences.
Features in this edition include:
- Working for baby: Why is motherhood such hard work?
- Radical changes in the NHS: 60 years in the life of the National Health Service
- In search of Britain’s knowledge economy: Britain’s productivity record
- The UK’s food: Our changing attitudes to food
- China – the rising power: China’s phenomenal economic progress
Britain in 2008 is available in high street stores in the UK, including WHSmith, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose and Borders. It is priced at £3.95.