Intute: Social Sciences has been featuring a series of podcasts supporting the Royal Economic Society Conference 2008 that includes a range of interviews with researchers in economics talking about their work.
Topics covered include:
- Promotional piracy – did the Arctic Monkeys save the music business?
- How to prevent another Northern Rock
- EU policies have kept alcohol and tobacco taxes low
- The MMR controversy and vaccination levels
- Children of socially active parents have better exam results
- How Incapacity Benefits may keep us out of recession
There is also an archive of podcasts from the 2007 RES Conference on the Economics in Action blog.