With the National Health Service (NHS) turning 60 this week, here’s a brief round-up of resources related to this anniversary.
The NHS website includes a special section to mark the anniversary with an excellent range of resources.
Other resources include:
- BBC News in depth report: The NHS at 60
- Department of Health NHS at 60
- Labour Party Proud of the NHS at 60
- British Medical Association Caring for the NHS at 60
- King’s Fund NHS at 60 resources
- Financial TImes NHS at 60 key moments
- BMJ and King’s Fund NHS at 60 debate
- Professor Virginia Berridge delivers the Gresham lecture on the origins of the NHS
Intute: Health and Life Sciences features more resources on this topic and the Intute: Virtual Training Suite includes online tutorials pointing to the best of the Web on a range of health related issues.