The ESRC Festival of Social Science 2009 runs from March 6th to March 15th.
The Festival provides an insight into some of the country’s leading social science research and how it influences the social, economic and political life of the country – both now and in the future.
The full programme of events includes over 90 events in cities and towns from Aberdeen to Hove and Cardiff to Belfast – so there may well be something happening near you.
There’s also a range of virtual events including:
- The IBSS Blog is running a competition on using the database for topical research
- Memoryshare: sisters and brothers has recorded people’s memories of their siblings
- The Growing Up in Scotland study (GUS) is using an online survey to find out how your family compares to Scottish families
- Tomorrow’s Teacher is a competition for teachers and students about the future of teaching
Intute: Social Sciences are not running an event for the Festival this year, but you might like to revisit some of our previous contributions.
- Our Favourite Social Science blogs – a selection of blogs of interest to the academic community
- Social Science Voices – an introduction to the world of online audio and podcasting
- Social Sciences Online: Past, Present and Future – how the Internet has changed the face of social science research